Proust Questionnaire - Film Director Marcel Canzona
"The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlour game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature" - Vanity Fair
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A meaningful burden and the strength to carry it.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Not honouring the sacrifices made by those before me.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Lack of planning.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
A lack of gratitude.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Dr. Jordan Peterson.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Living in Toronto.
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
To myself when determining if I have taken on too much work.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Like", "Do you know what I mean?".
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My partner Lily Todorov. Freedom of thought is rare in my generation but she has much more than I do.
16. When and where were you happiest?
Seeing Isaiah Rashad perform live.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
Carpentry & mechanics.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My dependence on technology.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Hopefully, The Resurrection on film.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A bird of prey.
21. Where would you most like to live?
On a secluded lake as close to a major city as possible.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
24. What is your favorite occupation?
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
26. What do you most value in your friends?
27. Who are your favorite writers?
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
29. Which historical figure do you most admire?
Every soldier who died or fought for our freedom.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
Those who dedicate their lives to service.
31. What are your favorite names?
32. What is it that you most dislike?
33. What is your greatest regret?
Not buying enough bitcoin.
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
You have no idea what you are capable of.
Don't miss the Canadian Film Premiere of Handel's The Resurrection on May 27, 2021 at 7:00PM ET. Purchase tickets now!
Top Photo: Marcel Canzona. Photo by Bruce Zinger.